Enable Stripe Payment Functionality for a Paid Event Registration
You can now set up an Event as a “paid” Event. A new Price attribute is available to associate a price with an Event. Upon a successful transaction, the system creates an RSVP for the Event.
1. Navigate to the backend of your institution’s site
2. Click on Applications and Select Events
3. Click +New Event
4. Enter event details: Title, Description, Start and End dates, etc.
5. Enter a Price value to be associated with your Event
6. When you are finished, click Save
Now, let’s view our finished Event.
7. Under the Actions column, select the gear icon drop-down menu and click View
Notice that your event now has the option to Pay with Card.
Similar to the way the payment gateway is available for Courses, Learners will make the payment using the Stripe software. Once the payment has been made, an RSVP will be created for the Learner.
Note: Canceling the RSVP does not trigger a refund through Stripe.
An event that is associated with a cost will show the dollar sign ($) in the View More listing as a visual indicator distinguishing it from a free event.
The video tutorial demonstrating how to Enable Stripe Payment functionality for a Paid Event Registration can be viewed below. Click the icon to the right of the volume control to view full screen.