1. Navigate over to the back end of the platform.
2. Click on Tools
3. Select Notifications
4. Click on +New Notification
5. You will have the following options when creating/editing a notification: Name, select an Event, Recipients, Subject line, and select a template for the notification.
Events – an event consists of an action that will trigger a notification.
Note: that each type of notification event has its own custom allowed attributes available
Course level notifications
– Enrolled by an Admin
– New Course Resource Added
– Auto enrollment
– Course Completion (100% progress)
– Granted by Admin
– Removed by Admin
– Certification Auto-earned
– New Announcements
– Assignment Submitted
– Assignment Workflow Submit
– Assignment Workflow Accept Invite
– Assignment Workflow Decline Invite
– Assignment Workflow Reassign
– Assignment Workflow New Reviewer Accept Invite
– Assignment Workflow New Reviewer Decline Invite
– Assignment Workflow Request Change
– Assignment Workflow Approve
– Assignment Workflow Close
– Discussion initial response
– Discussion reply
– Event RSVP (when RSVP’d to an event by an Admin)
Teachers – Teachers enrolled in the course
All Students – All students enrolled in the course
Related User – The individual who completed the action. For example, this could be the user who initiated/responded a discussion or submitted an assignment
You will want to choose a captivating subject line for your recipient. For example: Your instructor has posted a NEW Announcement!
Select an existing template to apply to the notification or create a new one in the WizzyWig editor from scratch.
6. When you are finished, click Save.
Once you have finished creating your new notification, it will be automatically applied to ALL courses for your site.
See below for an example of what the notification will look like once received.
#dialogEDU #LMS #LearningManagementSystem #TipsAndTricks #LMSTricks #LMSTips